- WHAT IS STARTING POINT -
Starting Point is a small group conversational environment where people can explore faith, experience community and find a spiritual home. The study gives you an overview of the Bible and the grand story of God then helps you find your place in that story. If you really want to take action, get involved and add your gifts and talents to the Cornerstone community as we try to make a difference in the world, there is essentially one basic way - be a part of a Starting Point group. This is our starting point for involvement and being connected at Cornerstone, hence the name. At the end of this 11 week group study, you'll be given options of joining an ongoing small group and/or service team.
- WHO IS STARTING POINT FOR -
There are four main types of people for whom Starting Point is designed:
‣ those who are new to the Cornerstone family and looking to get connected and involved
‣ those who are curious about God, Jesus, the Bible, or Christianity
‣ those who are new to a relationship with Jesus Christ
‣ those who have some church experience, but have been away for a while
- WHAT IS THE SIZE OF A TYPICAL GROUP -
Starting Point groups are typically ten to twelve participants and two to four leaders (for a maximum of sixteen people).
- WHEN AND WHERE DO GROUPS MEET -
The entire Starting Point experience is 11 weeks. Each group meeting lasts approximately an hour. Sometimes the discussion will go longer, but we strongly encourage leaders to end on time. Starting Point options are Wednesday evenings or Sunday mornings during a worship service.
Please complete the form for more information on start dates and times
and to have someone contact you about future groups.